Tuesday, August 23, 2016

PokeRun

Tried using www.pokemonradargo.com to locate the ever elusive pokemon running all over the small island of Singapore. Had a great time hunting Pikachus, Hitmonchan, Electabuzz, and many other critters on Sunday.

Trusted the website, maybe a little too much. Spotted a Dragonite near my workplace with 10min left. Sprinted across a few lanes and past so many buildings, makes me realise how long I haven't been exercising. But point is, when I got there, no Dragonite. Not even a shadow stating that it is nearby. Nothing. Just a very exhausted and sweaty me standing in the middle of nowhere.

Colleague of mine tried the same thing today. Kabutops appeared in the same area with more than 10min left. I let him have this, and actually I didn't join in cos I was expecting similar results to the fluke Dragonite. And guess what? Same thing happened. Not even a shadow...

Still have to give it credit though, the radar works most of the time. When it says there is an Eevee, there was really an Eevee where it pointed out. There was a Bulbasaur as well though, which the radar did not pick up. So question is how does this radar thing work? Don't think it is crowd sourcing, there will not be such accurate timing if it is.

Still playing around with the radar, hopefully I can find out how it works so that there will be no more fruitless runs to weird places looking for something that wasn't there. Will continue to update here on more Pokemon Go goodness. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

I heard that this Poke man game caused a lot of trouble as people were found chasing it everywhere. I guess i will try it out for myself as well.