Monday, August 29, 2016

LEVEL 27

3 weeks into the game. 3 weeks of chasing Pokemon around my workplace. 3 weeks of walking the longer route home to clock more distance on the eggs. 3 weeks of dedication to be the very best, like no one ever was. And here I am, level 27.

Am I leveling up too slowly? Seems like those that are playing for leisure are actually pretty close in terms of level. My colleague who started later, and plays less, is only 4 levels lower. I know the EXP scales quite significantly after 20, but only 4 levels apart makes it feel that I have not put in enough effort.

This level 27 is also after using up all the Lucky Eggs that are gotten from leveling up. I think there are 4 or 5 eggs that I used. My colleague that has yet to even use a single egg is at level 21. 6 levels away. Makes me wonder if all that patience to collect and evolve the EXP fodder (caterpie, weedle and pidgey) is really worth the effort. Maybe the EXP scale can be better adjusted? Or not, I have come so far, others need to feel that pain in grinding level too.

So yup, 27 is the level. Target is to be 28 by September. That's 3 days away. That will mark my 28th year on planet Earth, and it will be really great if I can get the level by then as well. Fingers crossed.

No comments: